
In Texas I had many things: friends, a church, work, etc. but no family . . .that was until Larry and Carolyn!
Larry teaches Sunday school at our church and Carolyn is the ever ready stand-in if Larry is away. That is there "official" role, but I like to say they are my Texas Mom and Dad.
As time has gone on . . .my friend Shekinah and I have spent more and more time with this dear couple. We have been accused of following Carolyn around like little puppies! (ok, so we do!) Talks at the coffee shop, AMAZING meals by Carolyn, a quick trip to Wal Mart or planting something new in the garden - these guys have really allowed us into their lives. They are two of the most loving, giving, hospitable, genuine people that I know. I am so glad to call them friends, but even more glad to call them family.
Through them I see what the Bible means when it says, "practice hospitality . . ." I once heard that hospitality means "sharing something that is yours to give". That is truly what this family has done for us and for MANY others. Thank you Larry and Carolyn for giving of your time, talents and gifts to build the Kingdom of God! Love you!
1 comment:
Awww!
Post a Comment