Sunday, September 30, 2007

Ahhh...Texas

While we are waiting to go to Brazil, we have been able to entertain ourselves with the local wildlife. Our house has a scorpion problem, so we kill one about every other day. I have not taken the time to get a picture of one of them yet - maybe you will get a picture of a smashed one soon! But the other day as I was doing dishes I looked out the window and saw this friendly guy. He was just walking along, then was captured by two brave girls with a Ziplock container....poor guy. We kept him overnight and even tried to feed him a grasshopper, but he would not eat. It was at that point we decided our tarantula friend had had enough. We drove about a mile from the house and let him go. In the picture of my head, he is by the little green bottle. You can't see him, but he is there. Texas has provided a great training ground for Brazil - the summers, the wildlife . . . :)

No comments: