Let the little children come unto me . . . . what a statement by Jesus. When I work with children I am reminded of the statistic that most people will come to know the Lord by they time they are 18, after that, it is much less likely. What is it about being an adult that makes us shut off our ability to let go and believe? Children understand what it is to rely on others for their well-being, thier food and and a bed to sleep in. They know that they need help and they are not afraid to ask! Mom, can I have a cookie? Dad, will you help my tie my shoe. There is no shame in thier inabiliy. As adults, we forget to rely on Him and start trusting in ourselves (even though it is still Him who is providing!). These children were desparate for a Savior and friend, totally willing to submit and be lead. Kids can teach us such great stuff!
1 comment:
you are right about working/playing/hanging out/taking with kids and youth is both fun and great way to impact the kingdom of God for years to come.
Post a Comment