Friday, September 22, 2006

Friends

Hey all . . . I would like to tell you all a bit about my friend Shekinah. She has been a great influence on my life since joining YWAM three years ago. I could tell lots of stories and say lots of great things about her, but I wanted to focus on one thing today - wisdom. Our base is in the middle of a 24 hour a day 7 day a week prayer focus. I have been at the prayer chapel a few hours every day for the past few days and it has been an amazing time! This week in our prayer times, we have been focusing on seven spheres of influence in our society - family, education, church, business, media and government. SO, back to Shekinah and wisdom. . . this woman is not college educated, nor is she a researcher, or a current event guru. Instead, this is a woman of intense passion and intimacy with Jesus. She has great understanding of Scripture and how it is to be applied to life. She is a woman of principle, not based on how she "feels" at the moment, but on what is true. As we have been praying through these seven spheres of influence, I am amazed and encouraged everytime she opens her mouth. She understands, in a deeper way than most, what it is to live a life based on the principles and truth of Scripture in the strength of the Holy Spirit. I am more and more amazed. . .