Thursday, November 16, 2006

Moving to Brazil

JOCUM = YWAM in Portuguese Hello all . . . After talking this through with my leadership, a trip home to MN to share this news with my church family, friends etc. I am happy to be able to share about it here, with pictures! In the late summer of 2007 I will be moving to Brazil!! I have been to Brazil three times now and have grown to appreciate the country more and more. When I was there in the summer of 2005, I felt a change happen in my heart - a change that said, "I could live here". This began a process of me asking God if He would make a way for me to live in Brazil for a while. Well, He said yes and I am excited. . . I have made a two year commitment to the YWAM base in Fortaleza which is located on the northeast coast. Come and visit!! As with any move to another country, language is a big challenge. I am taking a language course now with Shekinah, my dear friend, who is also taking the adventure to Brazil with me. Please be in prayer for us as we take this next year to prepare, change jobs, learn a language, raise some more support, etc!!! The pictures above are of the base and some of my friends there. Telma, is a student that I taught in the summer of 2005 (I have a bright blue shirt on in the picture with her). She has now completed School of the Bible in Brazil and is making a huge impact for the Kingdom in Brazil. We keep in touch over e-mail and I am so blessed by her friendship. Saulo, the guy in the Bubba Gump shirt, is the one that I traveled with in 2005. He did the School of the Bible with me in Texas and is a dear brother in Christ. He is married and lives on the base where I will be living. I am so excited to be in the same country with him again! Samara, the girl in the green tank top also lives on the same YWAM base. She helps with the DTS schools among other things. She was one of my translators and is a great friend. You might remember pictures of her earlier - she is the one that makes GREAT coffee!! Well, there is a bit more of an update. . . if you have any questions, please let me know! Amy

1 comment:

LAURA said...

wow, Amy .. I am SOOOOOO excited for you!

:D